Gluten-free, light and mysterious !
I would like to share here a recipe I found on internet and slightly modified. I love it first because it is very rich in chocolate, it is very easy to make and suitable for every tip of chocolate lover, and overall, because it is mainly composed of a mysterious ingredient !
I do not know if you have such an impish spirit as I do, but letting people (try to) guess this ingredient give me as much pleasure as actually eating this cake !
Preparation : 30 min
Baking : 20 min
You need :
- 2 eggplants of medium size (the mysterious ingredient 😉 )
- 300 gr of chocolate, 400 gr for the crazyest cooker. You can adapt the quantity of chocolate to the size of the eggplants.
- 120 gr of almond powder
- 100 gr of sugar or agave sirup for the coolest cooker among you. Take into consideration the percentage of cacao of your chocolate and your own taste when you decide how much sugar your put in the cake. If you prefere, you can replace sugar by date mash, you just need to cut the date and heat them with a bit water.
- 50-100 gr of unsweetened cacao
- 1 to 2 bananas
You can add vanilla sugar, a drop of coffee, an orange zest or even rhum, chocolate get along with almost everything !
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the eggplants in two after you have washed them. Cook them in boiling water for around 20 minutes. When they are tender (pick a knife in them to be sure), let them cool for a while and peel them. Take care not to get burnt !
- Cut them in little pieces, and put them in a bowl. If there is water, throw it away.
- Add the melted chocolate, and mix it with the eggplants. You can use a crushed potato ustensil, a fork, a mixer or your hands, if you don’t have any of those stuff.
- Add the sugar, the cacao, the almond and the smashed banana (if they are not riped enough, you can heat them). Mix everything together.
- Pour the batter in a baking pan, previously oiled and floured.
- Cook the cake for 20 minutes.
The cake will never become hard, so to avoid accident when you turn it out, you better wait a bit for it to cooled.
Lukewarm it is incredibly melting.
After one night in fridge, it almost has the texture of a chocolate mousse ❤
Strong sensation and new experience lovers, it is your turn to play !